Event Title: UNLOCKING BIBLE MYSTERIES
Speaker: Yap Pao Jui
Date: 29 Aug Wed
Time: 7:30pm – 9:30pm
VENUE: ALBY Events
111 North Bridge Road, Peninsula Plaza #05-09 (City Hall MRT)
(Parking available at Capitol Piazza. $3 per entry after 6pm on weekdays)
FEE: $10 (includes $5 voucher for purchase)
These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word will all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. (Acts 17:11)
- Why, did Adam and Eve, after eating the forbidden fruit, realise they were naked and feel ashamed?
- Why did Methuselah live so long?
- Why were the Magi looking out for the Star of Bethlehem?
- How did they know that they had found the right star?
- Why were King Herod and all of Jerusalem troubled when hearing about the Magi asking where the Baby, who has been King of the Jews, was?
- Was Jonah alive or dead in the fish? Why was Jonah reluctant to preach in Ninevah?
Yap attempts to answer these questions and unlock many mysteries in the Bible to prove its veracity. He hopes to help one to develop an inquiring mind and get a greater appreciation of the linkage between the Old and New Testaments, and in the process develop a greater appreciation of the Bible.
About the Speaker
Pao-Jui received his Master in Business Administration in Computer Information System and General Management from Northern Arizona University in the USA. He graduated from the National University of Singapore with a Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
His spiritual journey started in secondary school. After two decades of studying the major religions, he had, through a process of elimination, found truth in Christianity. He was baptised in 1994 and worships at RiverLife Church and has written the book UNLOCKING BIBLE MYSTERIES.